WASP3D Forum Go to: www.wasp3d.com
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jecosta  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2014 13:37:42(UTC)
jecosta

Groups: Registered

How can i prepare the mesh, bake the textures and export the mesh in cinema 4d to import in Drone Designer 3D? Is there a tutorial anywhere on Internet teaching how to do that?zZt8
Offline Mandeep Singh Bawa  
#2 Posted : 08 September 2014 06:11:31(UTC)
Mandeep

Groups: Administrators, Registered
Man
India

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Dear Jecosta
You can follow the following tutorial for Texture baking in C4D.

So individual objects can be baked using this tutorials.
You can follow the tutorial till they have exported the object from C4D. Rest of the tutorial to import a 3d Mesh in Drone Designer

When you bake an object in C4D you get several options which passes you want to be applied in the final baked texture. You might want to try to generate new UV's by not ticking the "keep UVs" setting. If you want to bake lightning you have to tick the luminance pass for that and use texture blending in Drone Designer to blend the 2 different textures using texture blending in the materials pool.

You're model might look a bit weird after baking. Make sure it is a polygon object and not a nurbs object.
thanks 1 user thanked Mandeep for this useful post.
jecosta on 08-09-2014(UTC)
Offline jecosta  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2014 10:08:26(UTC)
jecosta

Dear Mandeep,

Thanks for the help. I follow your instructions and the export from C4d works very well. The virtual scene is in drone and the textures are good. The problem now is when I post the template in Sting Client the scene in the server is black, It seems like it is empty. When i make the entire scene in drone with his polygons the export to client works and the scene appears ok. What i did wrong?
Offline WajahatAliSyed  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2014 11:57:37(UTC)
WajahatAliSyed

Man
Pakistan

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Dear Jecosta,

your symptoms look like your texture is not in central drive. ?

SYED WAJAHAT ALI
RTG&VSET DESGINER
Offline jecosta  
#5 Posted : 11 September 2014 12:52:11(UTC)
jecosta

Dear Wajahat,

Even when i put the drone standart texture in a simple scene made in C4d the sting client doesn´t import ok. In my mind i did imagine that if a scene was ok in drone it will be ok in sting client when posted, but i think i´m wrong, don´t I?

Thanks for your help.
Offline jecosta  
#6 Posted : 11 September 2014 17:34:28(UTC)
jecosta

Another information to correct undestand the problem. When I import a file from a 3d software and put the standart color in drone designer, to test I also put a couple of primitive objects of drone designer. Then, when I post the file in sting client I can only see the primitive objects, the rest of the screen is black.
#7 Posted : 15 September 2014 07:38:54(UTC)
Mandeep

Man
India

Originally Posted by: jecosta Go to Quoted Post
Another information to correct undestand the problem. When I import a file from a 3d software and put the standart color in drone designer, to test I also put a couple of primitive objects of drone designer. Then, when I post the file in sting client I can only see the primitive objects, the rest of the screen is black.

Dear Jecosta
Can you send some snapshots or video capture of the process that you are doing on your machine. It would be easier to understand the situation.
Send the snapshots of the 3d Object selected and Parameters Window, texture Pool with the baked texture selected.
Also The snapshot of the My Computers Screen on Drone Designer & Sting Server.

Also if you can tell me the channel name you are working at.

Regards
Mandeep Singh Bawa
Offline jecosta  
#8 Posted : 15 September 2014 13:10:10(UTC)
jecosta

Dear friends,

Everything works ok now. The problem was the texture folder that is wasn't in the central drive. Now I need another help. How can i put and correct configure the Virtual Cam? Is there some tutorial teaching how to do this?

Thanks once again,
#9 Posted : 16 September 2014 06:54:55(UTC)
Mandeep

Man
India

What is the kind of application you are looking at is the virtual set tracked or trackless?

If it is trackless, you can use the Free-Camera already in the scene. The camera can be animated and several animations can be triggered using the action sets.
For a tutorial on Action Sets, You can follow this post. http://wasp3d.com/Forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=147#post297

For tracked operations, you would need to match the scale of your virtual set with the physical Green Area. 1cm in Real World = 1 Unit in Wasp3d.
To match it closely you can use a cylinder(representing the Anchor) and increase its height to 180 i.e. 6ft. and then scale your Virtual Set according to the cylinder height.